Summer is approaching, the weather is warming up, and people everywhere are looking for something fun to do with their families. Holiday Auto Theatre takes the best of both worlds — movies and the outdoors — to combine them into one amazing experience.
Just recently, Butler County's beloved Drive-in Theatre announced they are now open every night, showing double features. They are currently offering different movie combos — a mix of newer and retro films — until the New Releases become available later this year.
This 600 car oasis is always a good option for family and friends looking for a night out, offering double (and occasionally triple) features every weekend.
In the past few weeks, the drive-in has been showing movies like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, Trolls World Tour, Dolittle, The Invisible Man, and The Hunt. Typically, the featured films change or rotate each weekend.
To see their current movie schedule, you can head over to their website ➞ Holiday Auto Theatre, Now Showing
Know Before You Go
Before Heading out for a night under the stars, here are some general guidelines and useful tips before planning your trip:
- Adult Tickets = $9.25 | Children Tickets (Ages 4-11) = $5.50 | Children 3 & Under = Free
- The purchase of a $5 Food Permit is required when bringing outside food into the theatre. With that, you can receive a $2 discount on a purchase of $10 or more at the Refreshment Center. Only available on same-day permit purchase.
- The grassy play areas are Temporarily Closed.
- If you decide exit your vehicle, please follow social distancing guidelines.
- You may sit outside your vehicle as long as you are seated next to or in front of your vehicle and keep a safe distance from other parties.
- Holiday Auto Theatre strongly recommends the wearing of masks if you get out of your vehicle.
- Only two people at a time are allowed in the main-building restrooms. The middle stalls in the women’s and men’s rooms have been closed to ensure social distancing. Restrooms will be temporary closed often for sanitizing.
- The theatre has installed plexiglass and additional barriers in concession to ensure social distancing. Please view their updated Snack Bar Menu.
- TIP: If you know your order ahead of time, it makes things a lot easier for the staff! Check out their Holiday Family Combo that includes: 1 pepperoni pizza, 1 cheeseburger, 2 Nathan’s hot dogs, 1 jumbo popcorn, 4 regular sodas, cotton candy and M&Ms for $38.75!
Photo Credit : Holiday Auto Theatre
We listed a few of our top tips and things to know — but to answer any other questions, see the full list of guidelines and policies, or get info on parking, please check in on their website for additional information and updates!
A Bit of History
The Holiday Auto Theater is a staple of Butler County that has been treating audiences to double features from the comfort of their own car for over sixty years! They first opened in 1948 under the name Hamilton Outdoor Theater.
Photo Credit : Drive-ins.com
Since then, it's seasonal opening is always anxiously awaited by locals all over Butler County, as it is one of the last remaining drive-in theaters in the region.
Even their Entrance sign is over 70 years old!
Photo Credit : Holiday Auto Theatre
The drive-in is always a fun alternative to watching a movie at home and it's a new experience every time you visit! Are you ready to plan your movie night under the stars?
Visit Holiday Auto Theatre
1816 Old Oxford Road | Hamilton, OH
Check out Holiday Auto Theatre on Facebook!