The Monroe Historical Society, founded in 1967, is located at the corner of Main and Elm Street in downtown Monroe. The Historical Society includes a 1910 Museum, a fully restored former general store filled with antiques that delight all ages. Next door is the Society's main museum, built in 2000, based on the 1800's colonial Williamsburg style, containing period pieces from local families of the Monroe and Lemon Township area. Finally, there is the log cabin in the Community Park on S. Main Street – a standing reminder of Monroe's pioneer past.
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/MonroeOhioHistoricalSociety