Three acres were purchased in 1871 and a four-room brick schoolhouse was constructed. It was used as a school through 1939. During the years of 1931-1939, Ross High School was located here. The Shandon Public Library was housed in this building for many years until it closed in 1964. This was also the location of Camp Shandon, a summer camp for youth of the Congregational Christian Churches. The building was dismantled in 1968. On may 17, 2003, an Ohio Historical Marker, honoring the early Welsh settlers of the community, was dedicated on this site.
New London School Yard & Paddy's Run Historical Marker
4751 Cincinnati Brookville Road Shandon OH 45063
Location: ShandonView Website
Amenities & Information
Bed & Breakfast - Children Allowed : 12+