Meeting House

Old Welsh Meeting House

3730 Millville Shandon Road Shandon OH 45063
Location: Okeana/Shandon
Phone: (513) 738-0845

Construction on this building began in 1823. One October 11,1824, John and Ruth C. Vaughan transferred the land to the trustees of the Congregational Church of the White Water for a house of worship complete with a Welsh death door leading to the cemetery. Services were conducted in both Welsh and English for many years. An addition was added to the front of the church in 1923. Through the years, the building has been used for many purposes including a school (New London Academy), voting precinct, site of concerts, socials, literary societies, theatricals, wedding receptions, and even a court for the Justice of the Peace.

Amenities & Information

Bed & Breakfast - Children Allowed: 12+