The Oxford Museum Association is a non-profit organization committed to the conservation and demonstration of nineteenth and early-twentieth century agricultural life in southwest Ohio. We seek to cultivate appreciation of area history through education, public programs, and the stewardship of historic sites.
Founded in 1953 by a group of alumni and faculty from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, the founders envisioned the creation of a historical organization that would commemorate and educate the public regarding Oxfords historic past. They chose an 1836 farmhouse located on the newly-developed Hueston Woods State Park complex as the site for the endeavor. From this modest beginning the Association has expanded to include not only the original property, now known as the Pioneer Farm, but also the Doty Settlement Cemetery, 1805 DeWitt Log Homestead on the campus of Miami University, the former Oxford Township Trustees office, and the Pughs Mill Black Covered Bridge.