Rossville was founded in 1804 as a separate city from Hamilton. It was names after Senator James Ross of Pittsburgh, a friend of George Washington and General Arthur St. Clair. Throughout the 19th century, Rossville was known for its inns, agricultural businesses, breweries, and industry. The town joined Hamilton in 1854, and served as a valuable refuge during the great flood of 1913. The Rossville Historic District was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. Both sides of Main Street are lined with a variety of 19th century commercial buildings that once contained taverns, lively stables, hatters, meeting halls, drug stores, and grocers. The architecture of the Rossville and Main Street provides excellent examples of all of the major styles of domestic and commercial buildings from the 1830's through the 1920's.
B St., E. Main St. & Amberly Dr. Hamilton OH 45013View Website