The Hamilton Visitor Bureau Board of Directors acts as the governing body for the corporation in accordance with its code of bylaws, and its volunteer members do not receive compensation.
The Board of Directors manages the business of the corporation based on the direction of its programs, allocation of funds and other administrative policies.
Directors can act only as a board. Individual members have no independent power.
The Board of Directors selects and recruits potential new board members.
Ten Basic Responsibilities
1. Determine the Bureau mission and purpose
2. Provide proper financial oversight
3. Ensure adequate resources
4. Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability
5. Ensure effective organizational planning
6. Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance
7. Enhance the Bureau’s public standing
8. Determine, monitor and strengthen the Bureau’s programs and services