Vacation planning can be a bit daunting when you’re adhering to a strict budget. Luckily, Butler County offers several fun, family-friendly activities to enjoy during your adventure through Southwest Ohio that are completely FREE! Relieve yourself of monetary stresses and enjoy an incredible vacation for less.
- Peruse Hamilton, The City of Sculpture - Take a stroll along Hamilton’s lively streets and admire the 30+ pieces of public art that proudly pose in the downtown area and surrounding streets. Snag a map from the Hamilton Welcome Center and set off on an artistic quest to see them all.
- Jungle Jim’s International Market – Wander through the lush, tropical thickets that are the aisles of the world-renowned, Jungle Jim’s International Market in Fairfield. Entry and browsing this 200,000-square-foot destination are totally free. Admire unique products and delicacies from all over the world!
- Mural Tour - The buildings of our historic cities are adorned with massive, detailed, and beautiful works of art. Take a self-guided mural tour around Middletown and Hamilton and marvel at these colossal compositions.
- Donut Trail Geocaching - Treasure hunt in the 21st Century with a Geocaching adventure that you’ll never forget! Butler County has its very own Donut Trail GeoTour. For more information on how to begin your expedition, check out geocaching.com
- Free Concerts - Kick back and enjoy the blissful sounds of summer. Over 150 concerts take place throughout the county, ranging from pop to rock, to cover bands and classical ensembles. Get ready to get your groove on and check out the lineup on our Events Calendar.
- Virtual Reality - Enter into a world that is not your own and explore new terrain with Virtual Reality technology at the Lane Library Technology and Community Center in Hamilton. Reserve the VR room for up to two hours and experience over 50 different virtual reality games and simulators!
- Parks - The outdoor adventure opportunities in Butler County are immense! Unplug and breathe in the fresh air at one of our many scenic and relaxing parks.