Updated: April 2, 2020 2:32PM
- In Ohio, there are currently 2902 COVID-19 infections, and 81 people have died from the virus.
- There is a state of emergency in effect for Ohio to allow state departments and agencies to better coordinate in their response.
- There are 45 current cases of COVID-19 in Butler County, and 1 person has died from the virus.
- Ohio is currently under a "Stay at Home" order with the exception of the following: for health and safety, for necessary supplies and services, for outdoor activities (such as walking or visiting a park, playground visitation is prohibited), to report for essential work, and to take care of others.
Is it safe to travel to Butler County, Ohio?
There are travel restrictions for the U.S., including Ohio. The U.S. Government has restricted inbound travel from Europe. The CDC continues to advise the public to practice preventative measures to stop the spread of germs, which is standard advice during the current flu season. Please keep in mind that the Governor of Ohio has issued a "Stay at Home" order through at least April 6, 2020.
Guidance for Travelers
- Ohio is currently under a "Stay at Home" order that permits only "essential travel." Please refer to the Stay at Home order for specific details.
- The U.S. Department of State and Centers for Disease Control have issued Level 4 Health Advisories - Do Not Travel due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The CDC operates public health entry screening/quarantines at 13 U.S. airports and border crossings.
- Travelers are encouraged to follow guidance from official public health sources.
Is there any information available on local carry-out, curbside pick-up, and food delivery options?
Yes, please visit travelbutlercounty.com/dining-resource for a list of local restaurants, bakeries, breweries, and more offering delicious meals to-go during this challenging time.
What is the impact to the tourism industry in Butler County, Ohio?
It is too early to assess the impact to the local tourism industry. However, the global nature of COVID-19 will certainly have an significant impact on business and leisure travel worldwide, including Butler County, Ohio.
What are the best local public health resources for Butler County, Ohio?
What are the best resources for travel industry updates?
Where can I learn more about COVID-19?
Where can I go with urgent questions related to COVID-19?
If you have an urgent question about risks that aren’t addressed online or though the resources above, please contact the Butler County General Health District.