Find ideas to make this Father's Day a special one.
Father's Day is coming up on Sunday, June 20th and if you're trying to plan a fun day or find a great gift, then look no further! Find a variety of great ways to spend quality time with the Dads in your life, and a number of other ideas to make them feel loved and appreciated.
Know a Dad who loves to spend his time outside? Surprise them with a fun-filled day in nature with these fishing, kayaking and hiking ideas.
- Fishing — Check out this blog for a list of great fishing lakes in the area to take your Dad out to the water.
- Kayaking — Plan a kayaking trip on the Great Miami River and make sure to bring Dad's favorite snacks and brews!
- Hiking — Go on a great day-hike with options like Rentschler's Forest, Forest Run MetroPark, or Governor Bebb MetroPark.
Plan a Museum Trip
Even if your Dad isn't a history buff, taking them to a museum is a fun and different way to spend some quality time together. It can also make a great gift to plan a trip with them in the future!
- The Salty Dog Museum — Know a car enthusiast? Discover a variety of classic vehicles, vintage firetrucks, and more at this museum. Climb in the cars, take pictures, and have a blast.
- National VOA Museum of Broadcasting (pictured) — First operational in 1944, this building now houses the history of broadcasting during WWII, the development of radio technology, and a ton of different media collections.
- BC Warbirds — This museum preserves historic aircrafts in their unique Middletown Hangar, as well as a ton of different memorabilia. You can even schedule a plane ride in a 1943 Fairchild PT-19 or a 1972 Grumman AA-5.
Have Some Smokin' BBQ
Father's Day falls on a beautiful Sunday in June, which sounds like a great afternoon for barbecue. Try a new restaurant, and treat the wonderful Dads in your life to some delicious dishes.
- Comb's BBQ (pictured) — This little BBQ joint has raving reviews, and it's easy to see why. Along with a fun, quirky environment, they serve delicious brisket, pulled pork, ribs, traditional sides, and even BBQ nachos.
- McK's BBQ — This new restaurant in Liberty Center is known for their famous Pork Grenade; a sweet cornbread muffin with maple butter, pulled pork, homemade coleslaw, peppered bacon and BBQ sauce. A must-try!
- Brent's Smokin' Butts & Grill — Specializing in BBQ combos, homemade side dishes, and all things smokin'. The smothered BBQ Not Your Nachos, Baby Back Rib Sandwich, and the Smokin' Mac Boat are just a few fan-favorites.
Gifts Dad Will Love
In need of a Father's Day gift that would be perfect for anyone? Find a few ideas below that are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Some of these ideas even allow for some customization and creativity!
- Jungle Jim's International Market — With so many different and unique products, creating your own Gift Basket at Jungle Jim's is always a fun gift idea. Make sure to check out the candy section, and add in some wild things to try together too.
- Karma in the Kitchen (pictured) — Yes... those tools in the photo above are made out of chocolate! This chocolate shop offers a ton of great gift boxes, unique chocolates, and incredible truffles that any sweet-tooth will absolutely love.
- Celebrate Local — This shop specializes in all things Ohio. From sports teams and t-shirts, to unique woodworking and one-of-a-kind gifts, everything sold here is sourced from local artisans, small businesses and farmers in Ohio.